Are you stuck in a chicken rut? Are you tired of cooking the same boring chicken breasts every week? This Easy Lemon Pepper Chicken is the perfect recipe. This chicken is savory, tart and peppery. It also has a wonderful pan sauce that you will want to spread over the entire plate. This quick and delicious recipe that I’m sure will be a regular in your kitchen. 😉
What kind of chicken should I use?
This skillet cooking method uses thin pieces of chicken, such as boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into thinner pieces), chicken tenders or chicken thighs. This method is not recommended for bone-in chicken.
Do I need fresh lemon?
Nope! No! The potent lemon pepper seasoning is responsible for most of the lemon flavor. You can also bottle the small amount of lemon juice that you add to the pan sauce.
LEMON PEPPER SEASONING: WHAT IS IT?
This lemon pepper seasoning is what I used to flavor the recipe. It contains lemon zest, pepper and citric acid. Major spice companies in the U.S. and major generic store brands make their lemon-pepper seasoning. This should be easy to find at most grocery stores in the U.S. There are many online recipes to make your lemon pepper seasoning if you can’t find it in your local grocery store.
Check to make sure that the lemon pepper seasoning contains salt. You may need to increase the salt in the recipe.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH LEMON PEPER CHICKEN
My Lemon Pepper Chicken was served with Lemon Parsley Pasta. But it also goes well with Sauteed Vegetables or Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad.
EASY LEMON PEPER CHICKEN
These Easy Lemon Pepper Chicken Breasts will melt in your mouth.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approximately 1.3 lbs. total) ($6.79)
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour ($0.02)
- 1 Tbsp lemon pepper spice ($0.30).
- 1 Tbsp of cooking oil ($0.04)
- 1 clove minced garlic ($0.08)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth ($0.07)
- 1 Tbsp butter ($0.14)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice ($0.02)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional) ($0.10)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper ($0.02)
- You can carefully cut the chicken breasts with a knife into two thin pieces (or use thin-cut chicken breasts).
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and lemon pepper seasoning. Spread the mixture on both sides of the chicken breasts and rub in until it is completely coated.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet once the oil and skillet are hot. Cook each side for 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Cover with a towel to keep warm.
- Sauté the butter and minced garlic in the skillet for approximately one minute.
- Stir the chicken broth into the skillet. Whisk to remove any browned bits. Let the sauce simmer for about 3-5 minutes or until the liquid has reduced slightly. Salt the sauce to taste. I did not add any salt.
- Then, add the chicken back to the skillet. Let the chicken heat through. Sprinkle some freshly cracked pepper on top.
Serving Size: 1 serving Calories 253.4 kcal Carbohydrates 3.53 g Protein 34.45 g Fat 10.43 g Sodium 656.68 mg Fiber 0.15 g