This Lemon Parsley Pasta is a great side dish! You only need a few ingredients to transform plain Pasta into something delicious. This delicious, Parmesan-y, lemony, garlicky Pasta is a wonderful side dish to almost any meal. You can also add chicken or shrimp to make it your main meal. YUM.
What kind of Pasta is best?
You can use any Pasta for this, but what Pasta doesn’t taste good with Parmesan or garlic? Thin spaghetti and angel hair are my favorites. You get tons of flavor from every bite because the fine Pasta gives you tons of surface area to stick the Parmesan and lemon.
Do I need fresh lemon?
For this Lemon Parsley Pasta, fresh lemon is a must. The lemon zest adds more lemon flavor to this recipe than the juice. This recipe can be used to make use of any leftover frozen lemons.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH LEMON PARSLEY PASTA
This week, I tried a new recipe for lemon parsley pasta. But there are many other options. This Pasta would be great as a bed for Garlic Butter Shrimps, Garlic Marinated Chickens, Garlic Butter Baked Cod, Tomato Basil Chickens, Garlic Butter Baked Cod, and even these Sheet Pan Greek Chickens and Vegetables. Because the Pasta is so flavorful, you can add some simple greens like Ovenroasted Broccoli.
- STEP 1
- Boil the Pasta. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan, add the prawns, then quickly fry until they are evenly pink.
- STEP 2
- Throw in the lemon zest and juice, Parsley, 2 tbsp of the pasta cooking water and salt and pepper, then heat through.
- STEP 3
- Drain the spaghetti, add to the pan, then toss everything together. Serve with lemon wedges, if liked.
LEMON PARSLEY PASTA
Lemon Parsley Pasta is light and garlicky with a rich Parmesan flavor. This makes a wonderful side dish or a bed for chicken or fish.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 oz. Thin spaghetti ($0.50).
- 1 fresh lemon ($0.89)
- 2 cloves minced garlic ($0.16)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Parsley ($0.70).
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper ($0.02)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil ($0.16)
- 2 Tbsp butter ($0.14)
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan ($0.22)
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- Bring large quantities of water to a boil. Boil the pasta for about 7-8 minutes. The Pasta should be strained in a colander.
- While the pasta cooks, zest the lemon. You will need approximately 1 Tbsp. Combine the Parmesan, lemon zest and pepper in a bowl. Place the bowl in a bowl.
- Once the pasta has drained, heat the olive oil and minced garlic in the saucepan that will be used to cook it. Sauté the garlic in oil on medium heat for about 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Then, take the pot off the heat. Add the drained Pasta and the butter to the pot and the garlic. Stir the Pasta in the butter until it melts.
- Toss the Parmesan and parsley mixture into the pot. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt on top. Mix well. Taste and adjust salt, pepper, and Parmesan as needed. Serve warm.
Serving Size: 1 serving Calories: 309.98 Kilocalories Carbohydrates: 44.45 G Protein: 8.55 G Fat: 10.85g Sodium: 276.35mg Fiber: 2.28 g