Mia Mastroianni, a libations expert, joined us last month on Instagram Live to discuss the future of the bar business, the newest trends that she has seen, and how to prepare for the holiday season.
Mia has over 20 years of experience in the US service industry. She is a mixologist and a founding member of Soho House West Hollywood.
Here are some tips Mia gave us in our chat
1. Drinks are becoming more health conscious. Try carrot juice
2. Drinks are becoming more and more popular. Sesame oil and other savory ingredients are great options.
3. After two years of not celebrating the holidays, people want to celebrate them properly. Create a special menu for the season, decorate, and create targeted advertising to give them what they have been missing. Please give them a specific reason to visit your venue.
4. Spices are great for winter. Try a Chai syrup in a whiskey sour.
5. You should hire people who have the right attitude. Personality counts more than previous experience.
6. Create a signature cocktail your customers won’t be able to make at home. Consider using heavier glasses to give the cocktail a more luxurious feel. Add visual flourishes like edible glitter and Ripple prints to top off your experience.
This beautiful, coral-colored cocktail is smooth and silky. It was first made famous in Japan over a century ago and now has begun to spread west. Bob Peters is one of our favorite bar consultants, and he introduced us to a delightful classic that was new to us.
Million Dollar Cocktail
Sweet, delicate cocktail with a million-dollar taste Servings1 Calories237kcal
- Ripple Maker II pro
- Gin 60 ml
- Sweet vermouth 30 ml
- 20 ml Pineapple Juice
- Aquafaba 20 ml
- Grenadine 10 ml
- Shaker without ice: Add all ingredients.
- Dry Shake for 30 Seconds
- Add ice and shake wet for 30 seconds
- Fill your glass to the top with a double-strain.
- Select and print your favorite design. Place glass on Ripple maker tray.