* Parchment paper or wax
A large plastic container
* 9 cups of Chex Cereal (any kind will work)
* 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. 1/2 Cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup of butter
* one teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. 1 cup of seasonal M&Ms
1. Pour cereal into a large mixing bowl. After that, you will need to prepare the cookie sheet using wax paper or parchment and place it aside.
2. Put pieces of chocolate, peanut butter, and butter in the microwave-safe bowl. For 1 minute, cook and then stir. If it’s not totally melting, add it back to the oven for at least 30 seconds. After it’s melting, you can add vanilla and then mix. Pour it on top of your Chex Cereal and stir a spatula until the mixture is evenly coated.
3. Make a big plastic Ziploc bag and put sugar in it, then include chocolate cereal. Close the bag and begin shaking it to ensure that each square is evenly covered in sugar. Set your Reindeer Chow in the pan and allow it to cool. Once it’s ready to serve, add festive M&Ms or any other sweets and enjoy!
Kenny’s eyes are positively lit with pride as a father would when he discusses the future of the farm. Jared just planted the first grapes for what is now Mattingly Farms Winery. Barren County is indeed barren in the sale of alcohol. In a unique locally-based option election, 666 voters eligible to vote who reside in the Thomerson Park precinct gave the green light to Jared, along with his partner Ashton, to begin selling wines made by other wineries and later their own after their vines have grown. “It’s nice to see each generation making their mark on the farm,” said Kenny. Being able to mix the wine tasting with the tasting of cheese isn’t bad, either.