Mia Mastroianni, a libations expert, joined us last month on Instagram Live to discuss the future of the bar business, the best trends she is seeing, and how to prepare for the holiday season.
Mia has over 20 years of experience in the US service industry. She is a mixologist and a founding member of Soho House West Hollywood.
Here are some tips Mia gave us in our chat
1. Drinks are becoming more health conscious. Try carrot juice
2. Drinks are becoming more and more popular. Sesame oil and other savory ingredients are great options.
3. After two years of not celebrating the holidays, people want to celebrate them properly. Create a special menu for the season, decorate, and create targeted advertising to give them what they have been missing. Please give them a specific reason to visit your venue.
4. Spices are great for winter. Try a Chai syrup in a whiskey sour.
5. You should hire people who have the right attitude. Personality counts more than previous experience.
6. Create a signature cocktail your customers won’t be able to make at home. Consider using heavier glasses to give the cocktail a more luxurious feel. Add visual flourishes like edible glitter and Ripple prints to top off your experience.
Apple Falls Cocktail
Think Pink this Fall Servings1 Calories200kcalIngredients
- 2 oz Bourbon Whiskey
- 1/4 oz Fresh Lemon
- 1/2 oz Fresh Orange
- 1 oz Apple Cinnamon Spiced Tea Syrup
- 1 oz Aquafaba
- 1. Shake all ingredients together
- 2. Dry Shake for 30 Seconds
- 3. Add ice and vigorously wet shake for at least 30 seconds
- 4. Fill to the top of the couple glass by double-straining.
- 5. Let the foam settle
- 6. Ripples Print – Top your favorite Ripples top
Ripple Maker Pro allows you to create a perfect cocktail for fall with the addition of a color spectrum print. Discover innovative cocktail drink designs.