These cheddar drop biscuits are amazing! They are also extremely easy to make, as there is no need for shaping or kneading. These cheddar biscuits are a great choice for simple biscuits or rolls to go with your dinner. You won’t regret it.
Garlic Cheese Drop Biscuits
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A super simple recipe for Garlic Cheese Drop Biscuits. Ready in under 25 minutes, no mixer, no rolling pin, no biscuit cutters required! These simple drop biscuits make a great quick and easy side dish for any dinner!
An Easier Way to Make Biscuits
I’ve been on a bread kick recently. Homemade bagels (coming soon!), soft pretzels, homemade dinner rolls, and carb-central over here for the past few weeks. But while I’ve been fawning over these yeast-raised recipes and all their sophisticated rising time and whatnot, my current favorite is an easy biscuit recipe.
What is a “DROPBISCUT”?
Drop biscuits are among the most simple biscuits in the biscuit world. Why? The biscuits don’t need to be shaped, kneaded, or cut. The batter is smashed with a spoon. Drop biscuit dough tends to be more sticky and wet than traditional biscuit dough so you can scoop it up with your spoon.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE THE HEAVY CREAMER?
No. These biscuits are made with heavy cream. This recipe doesn’t contain butter, so heavy cream is required to replace it. Thanks to the fat in heavy cream, these biscuits are light and fluffy.
Drop Biscuits are Freezer Friendly!
Like most loaves of bread and baked products, these cheddar drop biscuits can be frozen! This is especially important for smaller households. These biscuits can be frozen by baking them as normal and then allowing them to cool completely to room temperature. After cooling:
- Place the biscuits in a freezer bag.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Allow them to cool to room temperature and then heat briefly in a warm oven to thaw.
HOW TO SERVE CHEDDAR DROP BISCUITS
These delicious little biscuits are a great side dish for Chili, stews, or soups. This cheddar scallion flavor is a great side dish for vegetable soup or Chili. These would also go well with Red Beans & Rice, Slow Cooker Hamburger Stew, or Salisbury Steak. Or even your eggs and bacon for breakfast.
CHEDDAR DROP BISCUITS
These Cheddar Drop Biscuits, rich and fluffy with cheesy Cheddar Cheese, are the easiest homemade biscuits you’ll ever make.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- 2.25 cups all-purpose flour ($0.35)
- 1 teaspoon salt ($0.05).
- 1 Tbsp baking flour ($0.06)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.02)
- 1 tsp sugar ($0.02)
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded ($0.85)
- 3 sliced green onions ($0.25)
- 1 pint heavy whipping Cream ($1.55)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Place parchment paper on a large baking sheet.
- Mix flour, baking powder and garlic powder in a large bowl. Stir until combined.
- Mix the shredded cheddar cheese and the sliced green onions into the flour mixture. Stir to combine.
- Mix in the heavy cream until you get a sticky batter.
- Spread the batter on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Use 1/3 cup to make each biscuit. There should be 12 biscuits. You should leave a few inches between each biscuit as they expand when baked.
- Bake the biscuits in a preheated 400oF oven for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Serve warm.
Serving: 1 biscuit Calories : 261.95 Kcal Carbohydrates : 20.24 G Protein : 5.81g Fat : 17.76g Sodium : 392.08 mg Fiber : 0.74g